I love crochet-alongs, don’t you?
I love a good surprise and these mini mystery crochet alongs (MMCALs) are fantastic, because they are so quick and easy!
This post contains affiliate links. I may receive a small commission, at no extra cost to you, from purchases made through affiliate links.
This MMCAL is hosted by Jennifer at A Crocheted Simplicity! She’s been hosting MMCALs for her own patterns and asked me if I’d like to join in… ummm, of course!
If you’re new to A Crocheted Simplicity’s Mini-Mystery Crochet Alongs, please read the Information Guide found in this blog post HERE, so you know how to join in.
This MMCAL will be post in three segments. When it’s time for the next segment to be posted, check back right here in this blog post, as it will be updated with the next segment’s instructions. This will keep all of our info in one spot.
- Materials List posted on ACS blog: Wednesday, September 19, 2018
- Segment 1: Main portion – Friday, September 21, 2018
- Segment 2: Accents – Saturday, September 22, 2018
- Segment 3: Finishing – Sunday, September 23, 2018
- MMCAL Closes & Winners drawn: Monday, September 24, 2018
>> Also as a part of this CAL, you can save 50% on your total purchase in my Ravelry shop, now through Sunday 9/23, with code ACS-CAL <<
So, let’s grab our materials and get started:
Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
- White [50yds]
- Orange [10yds]
- Green [20yds]
- Black [20yds]
Hot Glue Gun / Sticks
Optional: Black Felt or Black Fabric Paint
Not important for this project
4″ x 4″ approx.
arnd = around
ch(s) = chain(s)
rsc = reverse single crochet
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
Written in U.S. Terms
- Beginning ch-1 does not count as a stitch
- Make mini pumpkins or a large pumpkin
- A Black border can be used for a Halloween feel, or a Green border can be used for a more harvest feel.
- Optional: Use them as mug coasters instead! Simply add the border all the way around all 4 sides of one panel, add the appliques, and voila!
>> Also Available: Christmas Candy Treat Bags, Christmas Tree Treat Bags, Santa or Elf Belly Treat Bags, Valentine’s Day Mini Treat Bags, and Valentine Kisses Treat Bags <<
PANEL (Make 2)
1. Ch 13, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn (12)
2. Ch 1, sc across, turn (12)
3-14. Repeat row 2; Fasten at the end of row 14.
With Black or Green,
Hold Panels together, attach yarn to top left corner, working through both layers:
15. Ch 1, sc in same space as join, sc in end of each row down the side, each st across the bottom, and end of each row up the other side (working through both layers to join the panels together), turn (40)
16. Ch 1, rsc arnd, sl st in same space as last rsc; Fasten. (40)
MINI PUMPKINS (Make 3)
1. Make adjustable ring, ch 1, 6 sc in ring (6)
2. *2 sc x 2, sc* 2X, sl st to join (10)
3. Ch 3, sl st in same space as chain; Fasten.
Bring finished tail over and pull it through the stitch to the right of where the chain began (insert from front to back).
1. Make adjustable ring, ch 1, 6 sc in ring (6)
2. 2 sc arnd (12)
3. *2 sc, sc* arnd (18)
4. *2 sc, sc x 2, 2 sc x 4, sc x 2* 2X (28)
5. Ch 1, sc in same space as ch, sc x 2, turn (3)
6. Ch 1, sc across; Fasten. (3)
Cut 6 -15” strands of Black or Green. Hold all 6 strands together and tie a knot in one end. Separate into 3 groups of 2 and braid them.
- Insert hook in top left corner stitch, from the inside of the bag out, pull the handle through the stitch (by untied end), insert hook in top right corner from outside of bag, pull handle out. Tie a knot in loose end. Trim tails to even them out.
- With black yarn, felt, or fabric paint: Add faces to the front of the pumpkins.
- Add mini pumpkins staggered to front of treat bag or large pumpkin to the center. I used hot glue.
- Hide all strings.
|With Fabric Paint|
Don’t forget to check the MMCAL Information Guide (Click HERE) for frequently asked questions.
Come on over and join the Blackstone Designs Crochet Community on Facebook for fun CALs and Giveaways, plus exclusive sales, pattern support, and so much more!
You can also tag me on Instagram with your finished Blackstone Designs patterns for a chance to be shared on my stories!
Hope to see you there!
Written pattern and photographs © 2018 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.