Needing a quick gift for your Christmas celebrations? Here’s a fast and easy treat bag that can also be used for gifts or gift cards!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
Originally, I designed these bags to be used for gift cards, but I quickly realized they can be used for small gifts or even candy treats!
Here are some other items that fit perfectly inside these bags:
1. Candy (I was able to fit 10 mint discs. I’m sure more could fit, but it does start to get heavy)
2. Lip Balm
3. Mini Lotion
5. Deck of Cards (Poker anyone?)
6. Ring Box (Christmas proposals are the sweetest!)
7. Crochet Hooks (Fits 5-6 Clover Amour hooks!)
8. Gift Cards
9. Event Tickets
10. Cash (because who doesn’t love that?!!)
Here’s how to make your own:
Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
- Red – 50 yards
- Black – 25 yards
- White – 25 yards
- Yellow – 10 yards
Hot Glue Gun/Sticks
Not important for this project
4.25” wide from trim to trim
4.25” tall from top to bottom of trim
3.75” x 3.75” panels, no trim
arnd = around
ch = chain
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
st(s) = stitch(es)
Written in U.S. Terms
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches
PANEL (Make 2)
With Red or Green,
1. Ch 13, sc in 2nd ch from hook and in each ch across, turn (12)
2. Ch 1, sc across, turn (12)
3-5. Repeat row 2
6-9. Repeat row 2
With Red or Green,
10-14. Repeat row 2
Hold Panels together, attach yarn to top left corner, working through both layers.
15. Ch 1, sc in same space as join, sc in end of each row down the side, each st across the bottom, and end of each row up the other side (working through both layers to join the panels together), turn (40)
16. Ch 1, LOOSELY sl st arnd edge; Fasten. (40)
1. Ch 14, join to form a ring, sl st in the back bump of each ch arnd; Fasten. (14)
1. Cut 3 -48” strands of Red or Green.
2. Hold all 3 strands together and ch 25; Fasten. (25)
- Tie a knot in one end of the handle; Insert hook in top left corner stitch, from the inside of the bag out, pull the handle through stitch (by untied end), insert hook in top right corner from outside of bag, pull the handle out. Tie a knot on untied end. Trim tails to even them out.
- Glue buckle to front center of black stripe.
- Hide all strings.
Look for another easy gift card holder? You may like my Fete Gift Card Holder pattern!
I’d love to see your finished projects! Join the Blackstone Designs Crochet Community on Facebook to share your work, get pattern support, and so much more!
Hope to see you there!!
Written pattern and photographs © 2017 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.