Add some whimsy to your holiday dinners with the Snowman Belly Flatware Holder!
Decorating for the Holidays can be a lot of fun! Every room of the house can be a little more magical with the right decor pieces!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
Let’s get started!
Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
-Scarf Color [1oz/30g]
Optional: (3) ¾” Black Buttons
7 sts x 6 rows = 2”
Gauge is not critical for this project
3.5″W x 9″H
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
WRITTEN IN U.S. TERMS
- Real buttons can be used, but they may not be washable. This pattern does include instructions for faux buttons.
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches.
- The first 4 rows (scarf) only use a I/9/5.50mm crochet hook.
- Tutorial photos are at the end of the post.
With Red + I Hook,
R1. Ch 11, sc in the back bump of the 2nd ch and in each ch across, turn (10)
R2. Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (10)
R3-4. Repeat R2
With White + H Hook,
R5. Ch 1, sc across, turn (10)
R6. Ch 1, *sc, dc* across, turn (10)
R7-41. Repeat R6; Fasten at the end of R41.
LONG SCARF END (leave long tails at both ends)
With Red + H Hook,
R1. Ch 9, sc in back bump of 2nd ch and across, turn (8)
R2.Ch 1, sc in each st across; Fasten. (8)
SHORT SCARF END (leave long tails at both ends)
With Red + H Hook,
R1. Ch 7, sc in back bump of 2nd ch and across, turn (6)
R2.Ch 1, sc in each st across; Fasten. (6)
BUTTONS (Make 2-3)
With Black + H Hook,
Make magic ring, ch 1, 6 sc in ring, sl st to join; Fasten. (6)
- Fold between rows 16 & 17. Pin into place as needed. <Pocket created>
- With White yarn: Insert hook in bottom right corner, through both layers, and single crochet in the same space and in the end of each row up the side, in each stitch across the top, and in the end of each row down the left edge. Fasten. [Do not crochet across the top of the pocket].
- Sew scarf ends to the left of center in desired location: Thread needle through one long tail left from crocheting scarf ends and use it to sew one end to the bottom edge of the red scarf stripe. Then thread needle with other tail and add “fringe” by stitching through the bottom of the scarf ends and down the front of the white body.
- Attach buttons to the front center, approximately 1/2″ apart.
Loving the Snowman theme?
You can get a matching Snowman Belly Pot Holder pattern right here on this blog!
My friend Jennifer at A Crocheted Simplicity has this adorable Snowman Kitchen Towel too!
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.