Here’s another great new 6″ Granny Square design! I just love granny squares and I knew I needed to make a few of my own.
In case you missed it, yesterday I shared the Native Sun Square.
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
The Mingle Square measures 6″ when using an H hook. This square would be great for shawls or lacy afghans! It’s a simple, yet fun square; the dcs mingle nicely with clusters!
This pattern calls for worsted weight yarn in any fiber of your choice! Craftsy has some great worsted weight yarns on sale right now! Click HERE to check them out.
- Worsted Weight Yarn
- Color A
- Color B
- H/8/5.00mm Hook
- Yarn Needle
ch = chain
CL = cluster
dc = double crochet
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
sp = space
Shell = 5 dc in stitch indicated
1.Ch 4, join to form a ring
2.Ch 3 (counts as dc), 2 dc, ch 3, *3 dc, ch 3* 3X, sl st to join in top of beg ch-3
3. Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 1), CL in dc, ch 1, dc in next dc, ch 1, 3 dc in ch-3 sp, ch 1, *dc, ch 1, CL, ch 1, dc, ch 1, 3 dc in ch-3 sp, ch 1* 3X, sl st to join in 3rd ch of beg ch-4
4. Ch 4 (counts as dc + ch 1), dc in 1st ch-1 sp, ch 1, (dc, ch 1) in each ch-1 sp, (shell, ch 1) in middle dc of 3 dc corner, sl st to join in 3rd ch of beg ch-4
5. Sl st to 1st ch-1 sp, dc in same sp as sl st, (Cl, ch 1) same sp as sl st, in next 3 ch-1 sps, dc in next ch-1 sp, ch 1, shell in 3rd dc of corner shell, ch 1, *dc in ch-1, ch 1, (CL, ch 1) in next 3 ch-1 sps, (dc, ch 1) in next ch-1 sp, shell in 3rd dc of corner shell, ch 1, dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1* arnd, sl st to join in top of 1st CL
6. Ch 1, working back one sp: dc in ch-1 sp, ch 1, *(dc, ch 1) in each ch-1 sp, (shell, ch 1) in 3rd dc of each shell* arnd, (dc, ch 1) in last st, sl st to join in 1st dc
7. Ch 1, sc in same sp and in each st and ch sp arnd; working across shell: sc x 2, 2 sc, sc x 2; sl st to join in 1st sc, Fasten.
Thank you to Cecelia from The Palmetto Hooker for this gorgeous sample!
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Let me know what you think in the comments. Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more!
Written Pattern © 2015 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.