Summer is rapidly coming to an end and school days are right around the corner, but I couldn’t resist making these cuties!
Let’s be honest, my kids eat popsicles all year long, so it’s always popsicle season here anyway!
I love these open ended holders, because the are the right size for kids to hold, plus they slide up as the popsicle gets smaller!
Want to make some Unicorns? Here’s how:
Unicorn Ice Pop Holders
Get the Ad-free PDF on:
Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
- White (Body)
- Color (Mane)
- Gold (Horn)
Black Fabric Paint (Face)
Not important for this project
Approx. 4″ tall
arnd = around
ch = chain
dec = decrease
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
st(s) = stitch(es)
WRITTEN IN U.S. TERMS
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches
- Optional: Use Google Eyes or Black Yarn for Faces
1. Ch 12, join to form a ring, ch 1, sc in back bump of each ch arnd, sl st to join (12)
2. Ch 1, sc in each st arnd, sl st to join (12)
3-16. Repeat round 2; Fasten at the end of round 16.
1. Magic ring, ch 1, 6 sc in ring (6)
2. *2 sc, sc, 2 sc* 2X, sl st to join; Fasten. (10)
1. Ch 3, sc in 2nd ch, sc in lat ch, turn (2)
2. Ch 1, dec, turn (1)
3. Ch 2, sl st in same space as ch; Fasten. (ch-2, sl st)
With Any Color,
Cut 12 – 6″ strands.
- Attach horn to top center of front over rows 1-2.
- Attach muzzle to front of base over rows 4-7.
- Holding two strands together, attach mane to back side of base (where seam is):
- Add “hairs” in the center top of row 1.
- Skip over row 1 and working in the space between rows 1 & 2: add hairs to the left of center and to the right of center.
- Skip over rows 2 & 3 and working in the space between 3 & 4: add hairs so they line up with the hairs of step 2.
- Skip over row 4 and working in the space between rows 4 & 5: add hairs to the center of the row.
- With Black Fabric Paint, add eyes above the muzzle and nostrils & mouth on the muzzle. Allow to dry as directed on bottle.
- Hide all strings
You can also tag me on Instagram for a chance to be shared on my stories!
Hope to see you there!
Written pattern and photographs © 2018 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.