Add some whimsy to your holiday dinners too, with the Gingerbread Belly Flatware Holder!
Decorating for the Holidays can be a lot of fun! Every room of the house can be a little more magical with the right decor pieces!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
Let’s get started!
Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
Optional: (3) Gumdrop theme Buttons
7 sts x 6 rows = 2”
Gauge is not critical for this project
3.5″W x 9″H
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = single crochet decrease
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
WRITTEN IN U.S. TERMS
- Real buttons can be used, but they may not be washable. This pattern does include instructions for faux buttons.
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches.
R1. Ch 13, sc in the back bump of the 2nd ch and in next ch, 2 sc, sc x 2, dec, sc x 2, 2 sc, sc x 2, turn (13)
R2. Ch 1, sc x 2, 2 sc, sc x 2, dec, sc x 2, 2 sc, sc, skip 1, sc in last, turn (10)
R3. Repeat R2
R4. Ch 1, sc across, turn (10)
R5. Ch 1, *sc, dc* across, turn (10)
R6-41. Repeat R5; Fasten at the end of R41.
BUTTONS (Make 3)
With Red or Green,
Make magic ring, ch 1, 4 sc in ring, sl st to join; Fasten. (4)
- Fold between rows 16 & 17. Pin into place as needed. <Pocket created>
- With Brown or White yarn: Insert hook in bottom right corner, through both layers, and single crochet in the same space and in the end of each row up the side, in each stitch across the top, and in the end of each row down the left edge. Fasten. [Do not crochet across the top of the pocket].
- Attach “gumdrop” buttons to the front center, approximately 1/2″ apart.
Loving the Gingerbread theme?
You can get a matching Gingerbread Belly Pot Holder pattern right here on this blog!
My friend Jennifer at A Crocheted Simplicity has this adorable Gingerbread Man Kitchen Towel too!
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.