Looking for a fun new 6″ Afghan Square? This is it!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
This 6″ Native Sun Square, named for its similarity to the Native American symbol for sun, would be great for so many projects: Beach bags, Ponchos, and especially afghans!
This pattern calls for worsted weight yarn in any fiber of your choice! Craftsy has some great worsted weight yarns! Click HERE to check them out.
- Color A
- Color B
ch = Chain
dc = double crochet
FPtrc = Front Post treble crochet
FPdc = Front post double crochet
Ltrc = See Special Stitches
rnd = round
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
trc = treble crochet
Long Treble Crochet (Ltrc) – Skip over one round and work into the round below (2nd round down from current working round)
Beginning chain 3 counts as a stitch where indicated only.
5.75″ before blocking.
Block to 6″.
Written in U.S. Terms
1. Ch 4, join to form a ring, ch 3 (counts as dc), dc x 3, ch 4, *dc x 4, ch 4* 3X, sl st to join in top of beginning ch 3
2. Ch 3 (counts as dc), FPtrc x 2, dc, ch 5, sk ch-4, *dc, FPtrc x 2, dc, ch 5, sk ch-4* 3X, sl st to join in top of beginning ch 3
3. Ch 3 (counts as dc), FPtrc x 2, dc, (Ltrc x 3, ch 4, Ltrc x 3) in ch-4 sp from rnd 1, *dc, FPtrc x 2, dc, (Ltrc x 3, ch 4, Ltrc x 3) in ch-4 sp* 3X, sl st to join in top of beginning ch 3
4. Ch 1, FPLtrc arnd beginning ch-3 of rnd 2, FPtrc x 2 arnd FPtrc of rnd 3, FPLtrc arnd dc of rnd 2, dc x 3 in next 3 Ltrc, (2dc, ch 2, 2dc) in ch-4 sp, dc x 3 in next 3 Ltrc, *FPLtrc arnd dc of rnd 2, FPtrc x 2 arnd FPtrc of rnd 3, FPLtrc arnd dc of rnd 2, dc x 3 in next 3 Ltrc, (2dc, ch 2, 2dc) in ch-4 sp, dc x 3 in next 3 Ltrc* 3X, sl st to join in 1st FPLtrc
5. Ch 3 (counts as dc), FPtrc x 2, dc in FPLtrc, dc in next 5 dc, dc in ch-2 sp, Ltrc in ch-4 sp from rnd 4, ch 1, Ltrc in ch-4 sp from rnd 4, dc in same ch-2 sp, dc x 5, *dc in FPLtrc, FPtrc x 2, dc in next FPLtrc, dc x 5, dc in ch-2 sp, Ltrc in ch-4 sp from rnd 4, ch 1, Ltrc in ch-4 sp from rnd 4, dc in same ch-2 sp, dc x 5* 3X, sl st to join in top of beginning ch-3
6. Ch 1, FPLtrc arnd 1st FPLtrc of rnd 4, FPdc x 2 in FPtrcs of round 5, FPLtrc arnd FPLtrc of rnd 4, sc x 7, 2 sc in ch-1, sc x 7, *FPLtrc, FPdc x 2, FPLtrc , sc x 7, 2 sc in ch-1, sc x 7* 3X, sl st to join in 1st FPtrc. Fasten. Hide Strings.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Let me know what you think in the comments. Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more!
Written Pattern © 2015 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.