Handmade tablet covers are an awesome way to show your personality: just use your favorite colors and your favorite stitches!
This uses a simple wave stitch pattern and Rainbow colors to create a fun design that reminds me of Sherbet (hence the name).
I designed this tablet cover for my Ipad mini. I made it in landscape orientation because that’s the way I typically use my tablet.This cover measures at 9″ x 5.5″ and it has some stretch, so it should fit over slightly larger devices. It fits over my Ipad mini with the hard case on it.
Worsted Weight 100% Cotton Yarn
G/6/4.0mm Crochet Hook
arnd = around
BLO = back loop only
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
hdc – half double crochet
sc = single crochet
double crochet decrease (dec) =Yarn over (YO), insert hook in st, draw up a loop, YO, pull through first two loops, YO, insert hook in next st over, draw up a loop, YO draw through first two loops, YO, pull through all 3 loops on hook.
Beginning chains do not count as stitches except where it’s indicated.
Starting with Black
1. Ch 36, sc in each ch across, turn and sc in each ch down opposite side, sl st to join in 1st sc (70)
2. Ch 1, sc in same space as ch and in each st arnd, sl st to join in 1st sc (70)
3-5. Repeat 2
Switch to Purple
6. Ch 1, starting in same space as ch *sc, hdc, dc, hdc, sc* around, sl st to join in 1st sc
7. Repeat 6
Switch to Blue
8. Ch 3, starting in same space as ch *dc, hdc, sc, hdc, dc* around, sl st to join in 1st dc
9. Repeat 3
Switch to Green
10-11. Repeat 6
Switch to Yellow
12-13. Repeat 8
Switch to Orange
14-15. Repeat 6
Switch to Pink
16-17. Repeat 8
Switch to Black
18-20. Repeat 2, turn at the end of round 20
21. BLO sl st x 3, ch 3, (working both loops again) dc in same st as chain and in next 28 sts, turn (29)
22. Ch 3, dec x 2, dc x 21, dec x 2, turn (25)
23. Ch 3, dec x 2, dc x 17, dec x 2, turn (21)
24. Ch 3, dec x 2, dc x 13, dec x 2, turn (17)
25. Ch 3, dec x 2, dc x 9, dec x 2, turn (13)
26. Ch 3, dec x 2, dc x 5, dec x 2, turn (9)
27. Ch 3, dec x 2, dc, dec x 2, turn (5)
28. Ch 3, dec, dc, dec, turn (3)
29. Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), sk 1 dc, dc in next 2, turn (3)
30. Ch 3 (counts as 1st dc), sk 1st dc, dc in next dc and in top of ch-3, turn (3)
31. Ch 4 (counts as 1st dc and ch 1), sk 2 dc, dc in top of ch-3, turn (2 dc, 1 ch-1 sp)
32. Ch 1, sc in 1st dc (same space as ch), sc in ch-1 sp, sc in the 3rd ch of ch-4. Fasten. (3 sc)
Hide all strings
Sew button on to front center, lining the button holes up with the space between rows 3 & 4.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Let me know what you think in the comments. Don’t forget to add it to your favorites on Ravelry so you can always find it!
Written Pattern © 2015 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.