Originally posted 7/20/14 on Blogger
My husband’s birthday was yesterday and of course I just had to make him something. (Hey, Mom always said handmade gifts meant the most!). So, I mixed his two favorite things together: Beer and Football!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made via affiliate links.
This cozy could be worked up in any color scheme! It’s also stretchy, so it can be used on water and soda bottles too.
It is insulated and water repellent, so the drink stays nice and cold and your hands don’t get wet from the “sweat” (this is a husband tested and approved message). And the best part is, it’s a super easy pattern!
Let me know what you think in the comments, or link your own versions to me through your projects folder on Ravelry! I love to see your work!!!!
Here’s the drink cozy pattern:
100% ACRYLIC yarn
~Color A [50yds]
~Color B [50yds]
With Color A,
1. Make a magic ring, ch 2, 11 DC in the ring, sl st to join, pull ring closed, (11)
2. Ch 2, (dc, FPdc) in each st around (this means you will work a dc into the top of the stitch and then a FPdc around the post of the same stitch), sl st to join (22)
3. Ch 2, *2 dc in each dc, FPdc arnd each FPdc* arnd, sl st to join (33)
4. Ch 1, BLO sc arnd, sl st to join (33)
5. Ch 2, dc arnd, sl st to join (33)
6-12. Ch 2, *FPdc arnd every dc* arnd, sl st to join (33)
With Color B,
13-17. Ch 2, FPdc arnd, sl st to join (33)
With Color A,
18. Ch 1, sc arnd, sl st to join (33)
19. sl st arnd; Fasten. (33)
1. Ch 2, sc in the 2nd ch from hook, turn (1)
2. Ch 1, 2 sc in st, turn (2)
3. Ch 1, 2 sc x 2, turn (4)
4. Ch 1, 2 sc, sc x 2, 2 sc, turn (6)
5-8. Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (6)
9. Ch 1, dec, sc x 2, dec, turn (4)
10. Ch 1, dec x 2, turn (2)
11. Ch 1, dec; sc arnd the outside, putting one sc in the end of each row and in the the top of row 1 & row 11, sl st to join; Fasten.
- Add the laces to football using white puffy paint or stitch them on with white yarn.
- Hide All Strings.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Bottoms up!
I hope you love these as much as I do! Join my Blackstone Designs Crochet Community group on Facebook to stay up to date, receive special offers, pattern support, and so much more! Hope to see you there!
Written Pattern © 2014 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.