I saw this cute little stuffed snowball play set to have indoor snowball fights with your family and I knew I just had to make a crochet version.
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
Here it is, my FREE pattern:
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
FPdc = Front Post double crochet
picot = picot
sc = single crochet
- **All materials will be listed with each pattern (Bucket, Snowballs, Snowflake)
- Bucket and Snowballs are worked in continuous rounds with no joins or chains
- If you decide to add faces like the other versions offer, remember not to add any hard pieces like safety eyes, google eyes, or even fabric paint. Also make sure to only stuff with fiber fill and do not over stuff because they will become stiff and hardened.
Picot = Chain amount indicated, sl st into the 1st ch of the ch just made.
Lion Brand Hometown USA yarn
*I used Razorbacks (about 100yds)
J/10/6.00mm Crochet Hook
Tapestry Needle (to hide strings)
1. Magic Ring, 10 dc in ring (10)
2. 2 dc arnd (20)
3. *2 dc, dc* arnd (30)
4. BLO dc arnd (30)
5. *2 dc, dc x 9* arnd (33)
6. *2 dc, dc x 10* arnd (36)
7. dc arnd (36)
8. *2 dc, dc 17* 2X (38)
9. dc arnd (38)
10. *2 dc, dc x 18* 2X (40)
11. *Ch 10, sk 5 sts, sl st in next st (6th st), sc x 14* 2X
12. sc arnd, working 10 scs in both ch-10 sps. (48)
-Bucket Holds 5 Snowballs-
Worsted Weight Yarn in White
Fake Fur Yarn in White
H/8/5.00mm Crochet Hook
Holding both yarns together (double stranding):
1. Magic Ring , 6 sc in ring (6)
2. 2 sc arnd (12)
3. *2 sc, sc* arnd (18)
4. *2 sc, sc x 2* arnd (24)
5-10. sc arnd (24)
11. *dec, sc x 2* arnd (18)
12. *dec, sc* arnd (12)
13. dec arnd (6)
Weave through last 6 sts and pull tight to close. Hide string inside snowball.
Light Worsted Weight Yarn
G/6/4.00mm Crochet Hook
1. Ch 4, join to form a ring
2. Ch 1, 12 sc in ring, sl st to join (12)
3. *Ch 5, sk next st, sl st to next sc* arnd (6 – ch-5 sps)
4. *(ch 3 picot, ch 5 picot, ch 3 picot), 2 sc in each ch 5 sp. Fasten.
Sew to front of bucket. Fasten. Hide tails.
Don’t forget to add this pattern to your favorites on Ravelry so you can always find it!
Written Pattern © 2013 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This pattern was originally posted on my Beautiful Ducklings blog.