The Blue Jeans Coffee Sleeve is totally fun and unique with functional pockets to hold your coffee sweetener packets. Best part, it’s quick and easy too!!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links
Get the ad-free PDF on Ravelry!
DK Weight Yarn (#3)
- Blue (Jeans/Base) – 50 yds
- Light Brown (Thread/Accent) – 10 yds
H/8/5.00mm Crochet Hook (Clover)
G/6/4.00mm Crochet Hook (Clover)
Yarn Needle (Clover)
6 sc x 8 rows = 2”
Fits Standard Paper Coffee Cup (Chinet)
arnd = around
BLO = Back Loop Only
ch = chain
dec = See Special Stitches
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
sc3tog = See Special Stitches
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
WRITTEN IN U.S. TERM
- The base is worked holding two strand of yarn together (double stranding)
- This pattern is worked from top down.
- Sleeve shown was made using Plymouth Encore DK in Blueberry Mix.
Decrease (dec) – Insert hook in st, pull up a loop, insert hook in next st, pull up a loop, YO, pull through all three loops on hook.
Single Crochet Three Together (sc3tog) – Insert hook in stitch, pull up a loop, insert hook in next st, pull up a loop, insert hook in next st, pull up a loop, YO, pull through all four loops on hook.
BASE (Double stranding with H Hook)
1. Ch 30, join to for a ring, hdc in the back bump of each ch arnd, sl st to join in 1st hdc (30)
2. Ch 1, working in BLO: sc in same space as ch and in each st arnd, sl st to join in 1st sc (30)
3-4. Ch 1, sc in same space as ch and in each st arnd, sl st to join in 1st sc (30)
5. Ch 1, *dec, sc x 13* 2X, sl st to join in 1st dec (28)
6-15. Ch 1, sc in same space and in each st arnd, sl st to join in 1st sc. Fasten at the end of rnd 15 (28)
POCKETS (Make 2 with G Hook)
1. Ch 9, sc in the back bump of each ch across, ch 1, turn (8)
2. sc in each st across, ch 1, turn (8)
3-7. Repeat 2
8. sc3tog, sc x 2, sc3tog, ch 1, turn (4)
9. dec x 2, ch 1, turn (2)
10. dec. Fasten. (1)
- Using yarn needle and light brown yarn to add “seams”: Weave in and out of each stitch or row end arnd the outside of the pockets. Weave in and out of each st arnd rnd 10. Weave in and out of each st of rnd 2 working under the line of front loops from working BLO. Weave in and out of rnds 10 to 2 working as close to a straight vertical line as you can.
- Attach pockets, one on each side of the vertical “seam” line, leaving a one st space between the pocket and “seam” (or 3 sps between pockets). ** ALL “seams” must be added loosely. I did the “seams” on the coffee sleeve base while it was on the cup to make sure it didn’t pull. If they are too tight, the sleeve won’t stretch over the cup.
- Hide all strings.
I hope you enjoyed this pattern! Let me know what you think in the comments.
Written Pattern © 2015 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.