I began designing crochet patterns five years ago this past November. I started out as a handmaker and I designed patterns here and there to sell in my shop. It didn’t take me long to realize that I was very much in love with the designing aspect.
One of my very first designs was the Tooth Fairy Pillow and I think I was more excited about these than anything I had made or designed before them!
This post contains affiliate links
By purchasing through these product links, I will receive a small commission for bringing you the link. This is at no extra cost to you.
But, how could I have that pattern be free and not this one? Well, that’s why it’s now up on my blog! Woohoo!
Excited to make one? Here’s how:
- Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
- H/8/5.00mm Hook
- White Felt
- Black 3-D Fabric Paint
- Pink Crayon
- Hot Glue Gun/Glue Sticks
- Optional: Colored Felt/3-D Paint (Bows)
- Optional: Foam letters/Felt letters (Names)
Not important for this project
Approx. 6” diameter x 1.5” thick
arnd = around
dec = decrease
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
Written in U.S. Terms
- Pillows are worked in continuous rounds with no joins or chains.
- I did random color changes; There was no particular pattern for it, so it is completely optional. Variegated yarn could also be used.
1. Magic Ring, sc x 7 (7)
2. 2 hdc arnd (14)
3. 2 sc, sc arnd (21)
4. *2 hdc, hdc x 2* arnd (28)
5. *2 sc, sc x 3* arnd (35)
6. *2 hdc, hdc x 4* arnd (42)
7. *2 sc, sc x 5* arnd (49)
8. *2 hdc, hdc x 6* arnd (56)
9. *2 hdc, hdc x 7* arnd (63)
10-12. hdc arnd (63)
13. *dec, hdc x 7* arnd (56)
14. *dec, sc x 6* arnd (49)
15. *dec, hdc x 5* arnd (42)
16. *dec, sc x4* arnd (35)
17. *dec, hdc x 3* arnd (28)
18. *dec, sc x 2* arnd (21)
19. *dec, hdc* arnd (14)
20. dec arnd (7).
Weave tail through remaining sts and pull string to close. Bring tail down through center and hide inside the pillow.
- Using white felt, cut out a tooth shape.
- Hot glue bottom and sides of felt tooth onto pillow leaving top open to form a pocket.
- Use pink crayon to draw cheeks on the tooth
- Use 3-D Fabric Paint to draw face on the tooth
- Optional: Use colored felt or colored 3-D paint to add hair bow or bowtie
- Optional: Use foam or felt letters to personalize.
Don’t you just love these?! Who will you make one for? Comment and let me know!
Hope to see you there!!
Written pattern and photographs © 2017 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.