Decorating for the Holidays can be a lot of fun! Every room of the house can be a little more magical with the right decor pieces!
So, let’s add some whimsy to your holiday dinners too, with the Santa Belly Flatware Holder!
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
There are multiple finishing options for this Santa! You can add faux buttons or real buttons, and change the belt placement.
Let’s get started!
Paintbox Yarns Cotton Aran (#4) [or comparable 100% cotton yarn]
Optional: ¼-½” Buttons (2-3)
7 sts x 6 rows = 2”
Gauge is not critical for this project
3.5″W x 9″H
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = single crochet decrease
sc = single crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
WRITTEN IN U.S. TERMS
- There are two looks for this holder with multiple finishing options (white collar with lower belt, plain with high belt, buttons…etc.)
- Some materials are listed as optional; real buttons can be used, but they may not be washable. This pattern does include instructions for faux buttons.
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches.
- The first 3 rows (white collar or black belt) only use a I/9/5.50mm crochet hook.
With Black or White + I Hook,
R1. Ch 11, sc in the back bump of the 2nd ch and in each ch across, turn (10)
R2. Ch 1, sc in each st across, turn (10)
R3. Repeat R2
With Red + H Hook,
R4. Working BLO across: Ch 1, sc across, turn (10)
R5. Ch 1, *sc, dc* across, turn (10)
R6-41. Repeat R5; Fasten at the end of R41.
BUTTONS (Make 2-3)
With Yellow + H Hook,
Make magic ring, ch 1, 4 sc in ring, do not join (4)
With Black + H Hook,
R1. Ch 24, join to form a ring; Working in back bump of the chains: sc arnd, sl st to join, do not turn (24)
R2. Ch 1, sc arnd, sl st to join; Fasten. (24)
With Yellow + H Hook,
R1. Ch 14, join to form a ring; Working in the back bump of the chains: Ch 1, *sc x 4, 2 sc, sc, 2 sc* 2X, sl st to join in the 1st sc; Fasten (18)
- Fold between rows 16 & 17, making sure the collar spikes are on the right side. Pin into place as needed. <Pocket created>
- With White yarn: Insert hook in bottom right corner, through both layers, and single crochet in the same space and in the end of each row up the side, in each stitch across the top, and in the end of each row down the left edge. Fasten. <Do not crochet across the top of the pocket>.
- Attach belt buckle to the front center of the belt. If working a separate belt (white collar version): Wrap belt around the bottom of the pocket. Note: You can permanently attach this in place or leave it loose so it can be removed easily.
- Optional: Attach faux or real buttons to the front center between the collar and belt, approximately 1/2″ apart.
Loving the Santa theme?
You can get a matching Santa Belly Pot Holder pattern right here on this blog!
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.