You’ve probably noticed by now that I love designing novelty-esque patterns! I love things that are functional, but playful!
I actually designed this bath pouf six years ago! It was one of my very first designs and I had submitted it to a magazine. Unfortunately, the magazine closed before my work was published, so I just sort of threw this in a box, as I wasn’t really self-publishing online yet.
There are two other coordinating designs to go with this, so hopefully I can find those as well and get them up here on the blog!
To make your own bath pouf, keep reading:
Kissing Ball Bath PoufK
Worsted Weight 100% Cotton Yarn (#4)
- Optional: Christmas Themed Variegated
H/8/5.00mm Crochet Hook
Not important for this project
arnd = around
ch = chain
hdc = half double crochet
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
st(s) = stitch(es)
- The pouf portion is worked in continuous rounds, with no joining.
- Ch 1 does not count as a stitch.
- I used Lily Sugar n’ Cream yarn. If using a thinner yarn, I suggest adding another round.
1. Magic ring, ch 1, 12 hdc in ring (12)
2. 2 hdc in each st arnd (24)
3. Repeat round 2 (48)
4. Repeat round 2 (96)
5. Repeat round 2 (192)
6. Repeat round 2; Fasten. (384)
With Variegated (Double Strand),
Ch 35; Fasten.
1. Ch 11, hdc in 2nd ch from hook and across, turn (10)
2. Ch 1, hdc across, turn (10)
3-4. Repeat row 2
5. Ch 1, hdc in the end of each row and in each st around outside; Fasten. (28)
Wrap string tightly arnd the center of the rectangle, approximately 25 times, cinching the center of the rectangle and forming a bow.
- Attach hanger to center of pouf by inserting one end between 2 sts of round 1 and the other end of the hanger between 2 sts (of round 1) adjacent to 1st end. Tie ends together.
- Attach bow to base of hanger (closest to the pouf) by wrapping a string around the hanger and underneath the center strings on the backside of the bow. Make several wraps and tie off.
- With White, add “mistletoe berries” in desired locations around the ball: Insert string from top to bottom and back out of the top, and then tie the ends in a knot on top.
- Hide all strings.
And there you have a holiday themed bath pouf!
Hope to see you there!!
Written pattern and photographs © 2018 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.