Last year I created these super cute and super simple stuffed Bunnies to add to Easter Baskets.
This is another post from my old blog that I definitely needed to move over here and share with all of you! Easter is on it’s way and these little guys work up quick, quick, quick… (like a bunny? Ha!)
This post contains affiliate links. At no extra cost to you, I may receive a small commission from purchases made through affiliate links, which helps me to keep bringing awesome free content!
Worsted Weight Yarn (#4)
H/8/5.00mm Crochet Hook
Not important for this project
arnd = around
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
dec = decrease
hdc = half double crochet
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st(s) = slip stitch(es)
Written in U.S. Terms
- Beginning chains do not count as stitches.
- Body is worked in continuous rounds with no chains.
- Ears are worked in one continuous piece.
1. Magic Ring, 8 sc in ring (8)
2. 2 sc arnd (16)
3. *2 sc, sc* arnd (24)
4. *2 sc, sc x 2* arnd (32)
5-11. sc arnd (32)
12. *dec, sc x 6* arnd (28)
13-16. sc arnd (28)
17. *dec, sc x 5* arnd (24)
18-21. sc arnd (24)
22. *dec, sc* arnd (16)
23. sc arnd (16)
STUFF WITH FIBERFILL HERE
24. dec arnd (8)
25. dec arnd (4). Cut, weave ends through last 4 sts, pull tight to close. Hide string.
*Made in one continual piece
Ch 6, sc across (5); Ch 8, sc, hdc x 2, dc x 3, hdc down ch; sk 1st sc on base, sl st x 2; ch 8, sc, hdc x 2, dc x 3, hdc down ch; sk next sc on base and sl st to the last one; Ch 1, turn, sc arnd the 1st ear, sl st to middle/sl st, sc arnd the 2nd ear. Fasten.
- Cut approx. 12″ of Ribbon, wrap around rounds 14 & 15 and pull tight to separate body from head. Tie into a bow.
- Paint face on with fabric paint. Of course you can choose to stitch the face as well. I don’t suggest using google eyes if you’re going to give them to young children because they pull off easily.
And now you have itty bitty bunnies!
Written Pattern © 2014 Sonya Blackstone of Blackstone Designs. Please do not sell, share, or modify this pattern, but instead share the link to where the pattern can be found. You may sell items you make with this pattern. This pattern, as with all Blackstone Designs/Sonya Blackstone patterns, are not for educational use without written permission from the designer.
Sonya Blackstone is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.